PE ( Core )
Year 9 and 11
In Year 9 and 11 students will complete a range of physical activities whilst building on knowledge of the fitness and exercise industry. Students will develop their leadership skills through Sport Education in the following sports;
- Dance and Cheerleading Year 10 - Sports Leaders Level 2 Award
The aim of the award is to encourage leadership skills and develop personal qualities. The award will give you understanding of what it means to be an effective leader with younger children. The course is NOT based on your sporting ability and at NO stage will you ever be assessed on your technical knowledge or sporting ability.
Benefits of the course
- Personal development with self-esteem, confidence and self-management.
- Obtain ‘life’ skills
- Community involvement
- Can lead to Sports Leaders Level 2
- Nationally recognised qualification.
- Planning, preparing and assisting a simple sporting activity
- Basic communication skills for leading a sporting activity
- Principles and practice in delivering a basic health and fitness session
- Understanding fair play in sport
- Understanding a role of the official
- Understanding the scope of local sport and recreational activity
- Demonstration of leadership skills in sport